Friday 28th January - smoothie, chicken udon soup, lime yoghurt cake, honey soy chicken drumettes

Breakfast was a smoothie.

Lunch I made chicken udon soup (garlic and ginger blitzed, chicken stock from yesterday added, then with 10 mins to go some frozen mixed veg, and then 3 mins from end some chopped up udon noodles). This is the girls current favourite soup and ever so easy.

Dinner - a real favourite here - the honey soy chicken drumettes from the forum.
Served with rice (rice cooker at the same time) and steamed (varoma) vegetables. Bottom tray had loads of brocolli, carrot and beans, top tray I did a couple of large mushrooms with a bit of garlic salt and a knob of butter.
Think I'm addicted to these chicken wingettes, lol!!

Dessert was Lime and Yoghurt Cake from this recipe.
http://www.forumthermomix.com/index.php?topic=1073.0
I used lime instead of lemon (and added a bit of the juice, but for me could have still been a bit more citrusy)
A really lovely light moist cake.
I slightly over cooked it (didn't read the loaf pan and did it in a cake pan) so the outside was quite crispy (dd1's favourite bit of the cake though, lol) but it was still so light and lovely.
Will add this cake to my favourites folder.

No comments:

Post a Comment