Monday 23rd May - apple and cinnamon porridge, haloumi patties

Breakfast - apple and cinnamon porridge - thanks to Quirky Jo for the recipe (I used my usual amounts for the porridge so less than Jo's so only used one apple, but think next time I'll try two anyway)

Dinner - Haloumi Patties.
Adapted from a recipe in this months masterchef magazine.

Make 100g breadcrumbs (the recipe called for panko breadcrumbs but I don't like the additives)

Place 400g rinsed chickpeas
1/2 small red onion
1 clove garlic (I did 2 small ones)
250 g haloumi
50g parmesan (I ran out so did 30g parmesan 25g cheddar)
parsley
I also added coriander.
Also the recipe had lemon zest and I missed that bit - would have been really lovely with it.
I also forgot to add the egg, but it bound fine without it.

Process speed 5-6 until a thick paste.
Form into 8 patties. coat in egg mixture and then breadcrumbs. Shallow fry for 3 mins each side.

Really yum. We served with an egg, mushroom and breadcrumb mix (leftovers, lol), carrots and the kids had some pasta too (dd3 really wanted pasta tonight).

These were so much easier to make in the tmx than their version.


No comments:

Post a Comment